#truInclusion London 19
July 2 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm| Donation
Building on the momentum and the #trumutiny movement, #truInclusion is a brand new unconference event focused on inclusion and belonging, inspired by Joanne Lockwood, Founder and CEO of SEE Change Happen.
Who is it for? – It is for everyone, be you an HR professional, a D&I practitioners, a vendors wanting showcase or promote some tech, or maybe an innovation to build, measure or track inclusive behaviour, or simply that you are someone that wants to join in a conversation and have a voice. It is envisaged that every topic and conversation is intersectional and not focused on one particular element or group, and we want to move the conversations on from simple protected characteristics and look at challenges faced by all people in the workplace.
#truInclusion is not going to be like every other diversity conference you have been to – everyone or anyone can host a track, whether you are C-Level or a passionate person with a question or message to spread.
#truInclusion is about amplifying what looks great, sharing ideas and opening up discussions.
If you have been to a #tru event before, you know what to expect. If you haven’t, here is an outline of what will happen on the day:
As always, we don’t want cost to exclude anyone. That means tickets are by donation. Please bare in mind that we are paying for venues, entertainment, lunch and dinner, coffee and a whole lot more when you make donations. Attendance is capped at 150. The average donation for those who ask, is £60 for participants and £150 for Show & Tell. Of course we welcome more if you can afford it, and if you can’t, give what you can.
I know this will be a great day for our first ever #truinclusion.
Accessibility is important to us, Diversity & Inclusion not just as a topic. If you have ANY requirements let us know and we will do everything we can to make your experience a good one.
- Tracks run for 30 minutes, hosted by a track leader with a passion for the topic under discussion.
- There are no formal presentations or PowerPoint. Track leaders start the discussion and see where it leads. Anyone and Everyone can contribute.
- There will be around 4 tracks running simultaneously. No need to sit around board, plus the show and tell sessions.
- We will publish a running order before the event, so you know what is going on. Anyone can host a track. If this is for you, order a track leader ticket and e-mail the topic. We will schedule you in.
- Anyone can attend regardless of your occupation or job title. We believe everyone has something to contribute.
- Tech companies and Solution Vendors can take part in “show & tell” by ordering a show & tell ticket and mailing a product description.
- Show & Tell sessions last for 20 minutes on a strict clock.
- There is no dress code.
“#truInclusion …moving the dial for everyone”
Ideas for tracks… or something else?
- Challenges in implementing a flexible working culture
- Finding Talent and fishing in new pools
- Being a more accessible employer
- How to mind the gaps pay and conditions
- Does our branding demonstrate our culture
- Evolving our culture and ethos against the tide
- How do we measure the impact of our diversity initiatives
- Building an office layout that works for everyone
- When we think of everyone, who are we forgetting
- How do we engage better with men in diversity initiatives
- Is our current L&D effective when training leaders in Inclusive Behaviours
If something floats your boat or you have something else then please step forward – we will be running parallel tracks with a show and tell vendor area.
Each tracks is 30 mins long with the odd break for coffee and lunch – so we have room for around 15 – 20 tracks in total
If you’ve not been to an unconference before then generally it’s a round table format, sometimes with or without tables, one person kicks off the topic and opens up the conversation, they then act as the track moderator to keep it flowing and on-topic;
Here is a quick overview of the core values and unrules;
- First UnRule – We have no real rules, but just in case…
- Second UnRule – We don’t wear name badges
- Third UnRule – No power points or presentation
- Fourth UnRule – We leave our biases and preconceptions at the door
- Fifth UnRule – We respect everyone’s voice and perspective
- Sixth UnRule – We come with an open mind to learn and are ready to contribute
- Seventh UnRule – We don’t hand out business cards or pitch
- Eighth UnRule – We value everyone equally
- Ninth UnRule – We can arrive and depart when we are ready
- Tenth UnRule – We make a donation to cover costs of as much as we can afford
We have Instagram and Twitter for Truinclusion;
tag: #tru #trumutiny #truInclusion #truInclusionAlly @truInclusion ✔
Please follow, share, tag and post – Thanks,